POSITION DESCRIPTION: Research Associate
REPORTS TO: VP of Research and Development
CATEGORY: Full-time exempt
Biorestorative Therapies (BRT) develops innovative biologics, primarily involving adult stem cells. The lead therapeutic product, brtxDISC™ (Disc Implanted Stem Cells), is an autologous cell therapy for the non-surgical treatment for protruding and bulging lumbar discs in patients suffering from chronic lumbar disc disease and is intended for patients whose pain has not been alleviated by non-invasive procedures and potentially face the prospect of surgery. brtxDISC is injected into the damaged disc in an outpatient procedure. BRT plans on establishing its own manufacturing facility for the production of brtxDISC for its upcoming clinical trials, which are expected to start in late 2015/ early 2016.
Biorestorative Therapies Inc (BRT) is looking for a Research Associate to join our dynamic research team in our brand new Long Island NY facility. The incumbent should have an interest in the basic science of stem cells and metabolic disorders.
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate performs a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of BRT main initiatives ThermoStem™ and brtxDISC™. The Research Associate will be able to perform routine cellular and molecular biology procedures.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to function efficiently and cooperatively with all levels of staff of the research team and with external contacts in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have basic knowledge of data presentation, including the preparation of tables, charts, graphs, fluorescent images (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and image treatment software).
Essential duties & responsibilities include:
- Maintain cell culture and perform cell-based assays including differentiation assays, gene overexpression and silencing assays, metabolic activity
- Execute basic molecular biology techniques such as DNA, RNA, and protein isolation, quantitative PCR, Western-blot and ELISA.
- Perform immuno-staining (immunocyto and immunohistochemistry) followed by fluorescent microscopy or flow-cytometry analysis
- Assist with small rodent experiment including compound IP injections and dissection
- Maintain and operate specialized equipment
- Maintain laboratory reagents and disposable stocks
- Observe and comply with safety standards and procedures
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results.
B.S or M.S. in cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology or other biomedical science with at least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting.
If interested, please send your resume and compensation requirements to: